This ad is expired.
The Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Joint Community College District (Shasta College) sits at the northern end of the Sacramento Valley, surrounded by mountains to the north, east, and west. The area provides a wide array of outdoor amenities and activities with miles of hiking and biking trails, national parks, two lakes, and the Sacramento River.
Shasta College is committed to providing its diverse student population with equitable education outcomes, contributing to the social, cultural, intellectual, and economic development of our communities. The college has been recognized as a leader in developing and implementing innovative education programs to increase student success, including accelerated pathways for high school students to achieve a bachelor's degree and for returning students to complete their Associate and Bachelor's degrees. Shasta College enrolls more than 11,000 students annually and provides educational services to students with a wide range of skills and abilities.
Our ideal candidate is motivated to join a campus community prioritizing the success of our racially and socio-economically diverse staff and student population. Providing equitable outcomes so all members of our community may enjoy safe, healthy, and vibrant educational and employment environments is critical to our success.
Administrator positions in the California Community College system offer a unique opportunity to contribute to the empowerment of our students seeking to improve their lives and communities. Our administrators manage a wide range of programs and lead faculty and staff in engaging our diverse employee and student populations, facilitating equitable outcomes for all through the management of our various employment and academic programs. As an administrator at Shasta College, you will join a vibrant community of professionals working collaboratively to provide a positive, healthy educational environment where our students experience diverse academic and cultural perspectives. A career at Shasta College offers a highly rewarding and enriching employment experience.
DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Learning Centers and Special Programs organizes, directs, coordinates, and supervises the District's Redding Main campus learning centers and provides advisement for other District learning assistance services as needed. The Director provides administrative support for related initiatives, projects, and special programs. Employees in this classification direct, supervise, and formally evaluate the work of others and exercise responsibility for the successful provision and supervision of the learning centers. This is an educational administrator position, which requires specialized knowledge in the area of best practices in learning assistance. Employees in this classification receive minimal supervision within a broad framework of policies and procedures.
CLASSIFICATION: Range 40 on the Administrative Confidential Salary Schedule, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year. Work assignment hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
SUPERVISOR: Executive Dean of Educational Technology, Learning Services, and Research or designee
BENEFITS: Holiday, vacation and sick time will be provided. Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance provided at a share of cost on a pretax basis and an employee assistance program (EAP). This is an Educational Administrator position with a default CALSTRS retirement.
Employees have the option to contribute to:
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 403(b) and 457 Retirement Plans
- Section 125 Plan including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Dependent Day Care Accounts
- Disability Income Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accident Only Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
Typical Duties, Knowledge and Ability
- Organizes, directs, coordinates, and supervises the District's Redding Main campus Tutoring and Learning Centers, services, goals, and objectives. This includes providing advisement as needed to other District learning assistance services.
- Provides administrative support for related initiatives and projects such as directed learning activities, basic skills initiatives, supplemental instruction, and student success projects.
- Provides administrative support for the Dual Enrollment and ACE/BOLD programs.
- Collaborates with Tutoring and Learning Center coordinators and the Executive Dean of Educational Technology, Learning Services, and Research.
- Selects, assigns, trains, supervises, evaluates, counsels, and disciplines area personnel; plans, coordinates, and provides appropriate training for area personnel.
- Evaluates effectiveness of programs and services and establishes policies and procedures in assigned areas.
- Manages fiscal resources, including the development, implementation, maintenance, and reporting for all requirements of state/federal contracts and other funding sources. Collaborates with Student Services to manage the SEAP budget and expenditures.
- Coordinates, schedules, and provides, as necessary, in-service training of learning center personnel; oversees training of dual enrollment instructors.
- Coordinates program activities with applicable Instructional and Tutoring and Learning Center staff.
- Oversees purchasing of materials and supplies for the assigned areas; ensures maintenance of the supply and equipment inventory.
- Attends various meetings, conferences, and workshops (i.e. ACLA, Strengthening Student Success, etc.) to maintain currency in best practices and trends in learning assistance.
- Maintains currency in all regulations related to the assigned areas.
- Monitors and evaluates Tutoring and Learning Center operations and activities for educational effectiveness and operational efficiency; conducts related surveys.
- Develops effective tools for recording frequency and quality of learning assistance support.
- Supports the goals of institutional equity and student success plans.
- Participates in the development and implementation of services, practices, rules, policies, and procedures to enhance educational effectiveness and operational efficiency of the Tutoring and Learning Centers.
- Coordinates responses to emergency situations and student behavior concerns.
- Supports the Executive Dean in cooperating with campus community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of students and various programs.
- Establishes professional relationships and communicates timely and effectively with administrators, District personnel, and outside organizations to exchange information, coordinate and promote activities and programs, and resolve issues and concerns.
- Represents the assigned areas on District-wide committees and workgroups as requested.
- Oversee maintenance of the assigned areas' webpages.
- Performs other related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required.
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDSKnowledge of:
- Organization and supervision of Tutoring and Learning Center operations and activities including learning assistance and computer services.
- General curriculum interpretation and application in the Tutoring and Learning Center.
- District organization, operations, policies, and objectives of assigned areas.
- Practices, procedures, and terminology of assigned areas.
- District and State regulations, standards, and requirements impacting Tutoring and Learning Center operations as well as Dual Enrollment.
- Instructional materials, tutoring functions, and technology used in college learning centers.
- Inventory control practices and procedures.
- Business and educational software applications and programs.
- Principles and practices of administration, leadership, and supervision, including planning, organizing, assigning, and reviewing work, performance appraisals, discipline, and employee selection and development.
- Effective oral and written communication techniques.
- Proper budget development, implementation, and control procedures.
- Interpersonal communication skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Record-keeping and report preparation techniques.
- Diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Plan, direct, and manage the activities and operations of the assigned areas.
- Learn, interpret, explain and successfully apply District policies, procedures, rules, program provisions, laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Organize, direct, and formally evaluate the work of others.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Exercise tact, diplomacy, and good judgment in dealing with staff, students, and parents.
- Exercise initiative to promote the objectives, goals, and benefits of the Tutoring and Learning Centers and related projects.
- Analyze problems, determine effective solutions, and take independent action for successful results.
- Research and analyze information and data, make recommendations, and prepare and present clear and concise reports.
- Operate standard office equipment including computers and applicable software programs such as Microsoft Office programs and digital tools such as SARS and Canvas.
- Develop, prepare, and administer budgets and special programs.
- Establish, organize, and maintain files and records and maintain confidentiality of records.
- Provide guidance and direction in crisis intervention and emergency situations.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others, including those from diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds.
- Innovate and adapt learning assistance programs to meet student and faculty needs.
- Work independently with little or no supervision.
- Master's degree or equivalent from a recognized college or university in student services, human services, or a related field and/or discipline.
- One year of experience in an instructional/leadership capacity or as a director in a learning center.
- One year of experience in supervising, directing, and evaluating the work of staff.
- One year of experience working effectively with diverse populations.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency