Summer Camp Instructor - Seasonal June 2022-July 2022
Pay rate: $16 per hour + $150 per week for each full week of camp that has been facilitated
Arizona Science Center's mission is to inspire, educate, and engage curious minds through science. If you are looking for a fun and meaningful way to spend your summer, this position is for you! The Summer Camps Instructor will prepare, present, lead, monitor, and facilitate fun and engaging STEM activities for seasonal camp programs across the valley.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Arizona Science Center maintains a firm policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate and dismiss Employees based on such factors as experience, character, ability, and skill, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or heritage, age, marital or veteran status, disability, citizenship, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Prepares, presents, leads, monitors, and facilitates fun, engaging STEM activities, investigations, and demonstrations for camps at community locations.
- Creates a fun, enjoyable, and safe experience for children in grades PreK-12 by leading them through demonstrations, activities, experiments, and investigations.
- Supervises activities and monitors children's behaviors to ensure safety and appropriateness
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum requirement of a bachelor's degree or equivalent; or at least four years of related experience and training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in an educational setting with various audiences' classroom or informal teacher experience is preferred.
- Experience engaging people in interactive, hands-on, engaging learning experiences
- Must obtain a fingerprint clearance and/or background check
- The ability to read, write and converse in Spanish is helpful but is not required
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear the employee is often required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 30 pounds. Occasionally the employee must lift up to 50 pounds Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/5DXXEMTYQ4VORtWZnSp2bz
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency