Position Type : Full Time 10 - Month Schedule of Duties
Job Category : Education
Position Purpose: As teachers in training, Associate Teachers will observe and participate in all aspects of the classroom to gain essential experience. This will include planning, implementing, and assessing curriculum while supporting the academic, social, and emotional growth of students. Associate Teachers will take initiative to actively participate in our community and help grow our program.
Specific Expectations for P-8 Employees:
In addition to regular teaching responsibilities (including but not limited to preparing curriculum and grade reporting, class prep, student reporting report card narratives, parent-teacher conferences, supervision duties, classroom substitution, advisory, elective teaching, office hours, outdoor education/field trips, etc.), the following duties and responsibilities are required as part of the P-8 faculty/staff workload:
Responsibilities beyond the boundaries of teaching assignments that foster a growth mindset in order to continually improve our P-8 program such as professional development and trainings, attendance of or participation in, mandatory meetings and/or events (Directors Days, Open Houses, accreditation meetings, etc.) are required as directed by your supervisor.
All employees will be paid appropriately and according to current law. If staff are required to work outside of regular work schedule; non-exempt employees will receive overtime pay, as eligible.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Collaborative curriculum planning
- Preparing classroom materials
- Leading group activities and lessons, including small reading and math groups
- Supporting curricular and student assessment
- Helping maintain a clean, organized learning environment
- Communicating regularly with the lead teacher
- Modeling patience, flexibility, kindness, responsibility, a sense of humor, and a respect for others
- Participating in the formal communication with parents, such as parent conferences, report writing, and Back-to-School Night
- Contributing to the school community in faculty meetings, professional development, and events
- Supervising duties such as recess and carline
- Lead virtual instruction if needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in education or education-related field; Masters degree strongly preferred
- Experience working with lower school-age children in some capacity (teaching, tutoring, coaching, camps)
- An appreciation and desire to work with all types of learners
- Enthusiasm for pursuing a teaching career
- Proficient in use of technology including Google Suite, Zoom, Seesaw
- Interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and professionalism to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Initiative and openness to receiving and giving feedback
- Interest and flexibility in helping shape a pilot program
- A sense of humor!
- Commitment to equity and inclusion (see https://bbk12e1-cdn.myschoolcdn.com/ftpimages/783/misc/misc_133701.pdf)
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Regularly sit, talk, hear, and visually intercept visitors. Regularly uses close and distance vision.
- Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- Must comply with all state vaccination requirements and show proof of vaccination including but not limited to COVID-19 or proof of eligibility for exemption.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Works at desk and computer screen for extended periods
- Multi-tasking in a highly interjected area
- Be able to comfortably transition between seated positions on the floor to standing in order to assist children.
- Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled school environment and in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold typical to the Mid-Peninsula in the Bay Area.
- Abide by schools current safety policies (ex: wearing masks, washing hands, etc.)
Salary: Please note that if there is a salary estimate listed for this position, it is being automatically generated from the career website and may not be an accurate reflection on the salary for this position. However, we offer competitive compensation based on years of experience and skills level. This position offers health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
To apply, visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=80094&clientkey=21C19A934F56ECD27A2D47C258FFBC6B
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency