The Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs, assigned to the Division of Humanities and Learning Communities, is part of BHCC's academic leadership team and works under the supervision of and in consultation with the Dean of Humanities and Learning Communities in the operation of the academic division. The Assistant Dean is also part of a team of academic and student affairs administrators whose shared focus is the development, implementation and support of innovative academic and co-curricular initiatives that promote student access, equity and achievement.
With these goals in mind, the Assistant Dean provides administrative support and leadership for a variety of departments and work areas within the division, including: Communication, English, English as a Second Language, Global Languages, Learning Communities, Liberal Arts, Performing Arts, and the General Education Program of Study.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide Support for the Division Dean
- Provide leadership and oversight for divisional activities including student recruitment, enrollment, retention and completion Support curricular and co-curricular program development, implementation, assessment, and revision grounded in a framework of equity and cultural wealth
- Assist in assessment activities for the General Education Program in consultation with the Dean
- Manage core divisional programs as determined by the dean as well as college-wide projects as determined by the Dean and Associate Provost
- Compile, evaluate and report on relevant data that support assessment and program improvement
- Assist in the administration of the division, including office management; budgets, data and related reports; and requests for information related to collective bargaining and other Human Resource matters
- Work with the dean to develop and revise the master schedule of courses, in collaboration with department chairs, by preparing and evaluating supporting data
- Serve as a division liaison to BHCC work areas including Academic Records, Student Central, the Dean of Students Office, and Advising and LifeMap
Provide Support for Department Chairs, Directors and Program Coordinators
- Collaborate with deans, chairs, directors and administrative support staff to design and implement professional development and training
- Support the program review process, including identification of programs scheduled for program review, preparation of supporting data, and coordination of the external evaluation process
Provide Support for Divisional Faculty
- Participate in hiring processes, orientation and onboarding Ensure that relevant college policies and procedures are followed Respond to faculty concerns
- Review course materials and syllabi
- Conduct classroom observations and evaluations
- Coordinate professional development activities
- Manage relevant faculty communications
Provide Support for Students in the Division
- Implement academic policies and procedures
- Respond to student concerns
- Manage relevant student communications
- Master's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- A minimum of three years relevant experience working in higher education administration.
- A minimum of five years of management and/or supervisory experience.
- Experience with Student Information Systems and advanced functions of Microsoft applications.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population.
- Experience using assessment and data analysis for decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience supporting student success and equity initiatives.
- Proven ability to promote collaboration across departments and work areas.
- Master's Degree or Doctorate in an area of study within the Division of Humanities.
- Experience in a collective bargaining environment.
- Teaching or work experience at a community college.
- Demonstrated commitment to a student-centered environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, strategically, and creatively.
Salary Range: $95,000.00-$100,000.00.
Review Date: October 21, 2022
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/jXQkLjUVX1nXOSr7aTxxdr
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency