This ad is expired.
Administrative Assistant - Learning Center Seattle
Job ID: 11833
Location: Seattle Central College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
We are a district of three distinct colleges-North Seattle College, Seattle Central College, and South Seattle College-and five specialty training centers. Which makes us the largest and most diverse community college district in the state of Washington, we are leaders in change and innovation.
As a Seattle Colleges employee, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the passionate work of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion as we work against systemic racism. Additionally, you will gain the rewarding experience of contributing to the success of an open-access learning institution that prepares students for life and work, fostering a diverse, engaged and dynamic community.
Seattle Colleges staff and faculty also enjoy a competitive benefits package, professional development opportunities and enrichment experiences in areas of their choice including, committee, workgroup, and affinity group opportunities.
Opportunity is open until filled, first review of applications will begin: August 22, 2022
Salary range for this position is: $40,899.39/yr. - $53,115.93/yr. (depending on experience)
The Administrative Assistant position provides varied administrative and secretarial support duties for the program and Director at Learning Center Seattle (LCS) at Seattle Central College. This position supervises and assists the Program Coordinator with providing direct support to students and community members at the front desk. The Learning Center Seattle program mainly serves students 16-21 years old who are no longer in high school and want to earn a GED and go to college. The Learning Center Seattle program helps students by bridging the high school credential to pursue post-secondary success..
Seattle Central College is committed to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic institution, which supports teaching and working in a multicultural environment. The College seeks candidates prepared to contribute to the diversity and inclusive excellence of the academic community through programs and services that embody values of equity and inclusion.
As a Seattle Colleges employee, you will enjoy competitive compensation as well as all the benefits as a Washington State employee. To learn more about our excellent benefits offerings please see our benefits overview here: Seattle Colleges Employment Benefits
This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement with representation by WFSE
- Attached current Resume
- Attached cover letter addressing how your background intersects with the job
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online
Notice to Applicants:
Please note that Seattle Colleges is working under hybrid remote and on-site operations, pending public health guidance and business needs. Per CDC and WA Public Health directions, at this time we will be practicing social distancing and holding interviews virtually using video conference or teleconference options. As such, if you are selected for interview, please be prepared to hold your interview virtually.
Per Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.1, employees of higher education and healthcare institutions must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 18, 2021, unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. Updated information about how to provide proof of vaccination or request a medical or religious accommodation will be posted as soon as it is known.
What you will be working on:
- Screens and responds to inquiries, questions, and correspondence on departmental matters via telephone, in person, and emails; retains important correspondence and routes to appropriate employees.
- Sets up and maintains files of correspondence and records for the program.
- Proofreads outgoing mail, literature, and correspondence for form, content, and agreement with policies.
- Supports and works to remove barriers of students from diverse backgrounds by serving as a resource for students with various college processes relating to enrollment and referring them to appropriate services at Seattle Central or other campuses.
- Reviews the work for completeness and accuracy to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and standards. Reviews and researches operating procedures to develop recommendations.
- Keeps the Director informed of significant and important items requiring review or action; obtains information from staff members, relays assignments, calls attention to deadlines, and obtains progress reports.
- Drafts and types flyers, letters, memos, narrative and statistical reports; assembles and summarizes information and data for use by the Director and LCS team.
- Updates student data in the college systems and LCS database as appropriate.
- Prepares travel, purchasing, payroll, and other documents; arranges for transportation and accommodations. Completes monthly procurement reports as requested by Business office
- Completes new employee hiring process through college standard systems and onboards new part-time employees, full-time employees, and volunteers
- Responsible for purchasing of quarterly books/supplies for students and the office staff as requested
- Leads weekly Information sessions for prospective students and biweekly Indicators of Academic Progress (IAP) section of Staff meetings for staff
- Prepares required monthly, quarterly, and annual reports under program contracts
- Collaborates with BTS office and other departments at the college to ensure LCS courses, registration and students/staff access are accurate
- Participates in budget preparation; develops budget estimates; monitors budget status and expenditures
What you bring as a candidate: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- High school graduation or GED AND three years of progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work OR general education will substitute year-for-year for experience
- Experience with data entry and developing complex reports requiring strong attention to detail
- Competency in office software such as Outlook, Excel, OneDrive, Zoom, and Google Apps
- Ability to work effectively with populations representing diverse backgrounds, life experiences and abilities
- Experience supporting bridge programs which help students transition into college
Ability to perform range of physical motions, exerting up to 25 pounds; lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds; standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, kneeling, squatting, and stooping; and traversing up and down stairs.
Seattle Colleges follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
- Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
Notice of Non-discrimination Statement
Seattle Colleges is committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity for all its students, employees, and applicants in education, employment, services and contracts, and does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, status as an honorably discharged veteran or disabled veteran or military status, political affiliation or belief, citizenship/status as a lawfully admitted immigrant authorized to work in the United States, or presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disability. In addition, reasonable accommodations will be made for known physical or mental limitations for all otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Further, the Seattle Colleges is committed to ensure that all employees and students work and learn in an environment that fosters mutual respect and professionalism, free from all forms of "bullying" behaviors, including "cyber bullying".
Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the college's Director of Legal Compliance:
1500 Harvard Avenue Seattle, WA 98122-3803
Seattle Colleges is committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and employees who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
Background Check Statement
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position. In addition to the background check, candidates will be required to complete the Sexual Misconduct Disclosure Form as required WA HB 2327.
To apply, visit https://hcprd.ctclink.us/psp/tam/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=60&JobOpeningId=11833&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-6b0a740b6ebf4d4a9da5b50c259e9da4