Access Services Support Staff & Online Learning Assistant (LV5)
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off.Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Library RH
Campus/Location: Multiple Campuses
Provides excellent patron assistance with all departmental services: standard desk inquiries, placing holds, fulfilling document delivery and digital reserves requests, creating/approving accounts and reservations for study rooms in Booked Scheduler; and, troubleshooting and demonstrating operations for KIC scanners, Canon multi-function devices, self-check units and printing; Train, mentor, assist and encourage library student assistants to perform a variety of general library operations in all areas, including but not limited to the Circulation & Reserves Desk, shelving and stack maintenance, multi-function scanning equipment, and fielding patron inquiries.
- Reports to the Head of Access and Circulation
- Provides excellent patron assistance with all departmental services: standard desk inquiries, placing holds, fulfilling document delivery and digital reserves requests, creating/approving accounts and reservations for study rooms in Booked Scheduler; and, troubleshooting and demonstrating operations for KIC scanners, Canon multi-function devices, self-check units and printing
- Trains, mentors, assists and encourages library student assistants to perform a variety of general library operations in all areas, including but not limited to the Circulation & Reserves Desk, shelving and stack maintenance, multi-function scanning equipment, and fielding patron inquiries
- Distributes assignments to student assistants in multiple library departments, ensuring that Library and Student Employment guidelines are followed
- Contributes to outreach efforts for Fordhams online learning population under the guidance of the Digital Learning Liaison at Lincoln Center and the Emerging Technologies Librarian at Rose Hill
- Assists with creating, demonstrating and promoting Library services specific to online learners using a variety of media platforms, tools, and services (Zoom, WebEx, Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.); and, prepare informational content (handouts, instructional videos, tutorials, etc.) for online learners, as needed
- Provides students and faculty with assistance in using Ares, the Librarys electronic reserves platform, including creating and modifying user accounts, course pages, and course documents; processing materials and scanning, uploading and/or manipulating PDFs; communicating with faculty on an ongoing basis; and providing copyright guidance when applicable
- Prepares daily and monthly statistics for departmental operations in accordance with the Librarys annual reporting needs
- Provides courteous and efficient customer service regarding all facets of library operations in person, via phone, video, and/or email communications
- Conducts closing duties regularly and opening duties when required
- Lends support to Library colleagues and other departments when applicable
- Executes regularly a variety of tasks in Sirsi Workflows, including modifying existing patron records; receiving payments for fines and privileges; editing book records; running reports; processing intercampus loan requests between campuses
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 11am-7pm; Friday, 10am-6pm. Varied hours during intersessions and summer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to train, motivate and oversee student assistants necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well with others and communicate professionally with colleagues and the University community
- Ability to lift books and boxes of books, push heavy book carts, move shelves, and maintain balance on step stools
- Ability to coordinate activities and manage ones time productively is essential
- Participates in meetings and/or assignments at the Lincoln Center (Manhattan) and/or Westchester campuses
- Mandatory Competency Testing
- Demonstrated Writing Ability
- B.A. or B.S.
- Prior academic library experience and knowledge of Library of Congress classification system
- Experience with online learning/distance education
- Familiarity with Windows software & MS Office applications required; familiarity with automated library functions; familiarity with social media platforms, outreach tools, and other web-based communication applications
- Experience and familiarity working with multimedia platforms
To apply, please visit: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/3953
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency