Academic Consultant, Classroom Technology
Job Identification: 15529
What We Are Looking For
The Academic Consultant I is a member of a team of information technology professionals that are the initial point of contact for classroom technology services provided to employees and students of the University. The Consultant is responsible for receiving, documenting, prioritizing, actively resolving, and escalating requests and will provide support through remote access tools, phone, e-mail, and in-person visits. The Consultant will create and maintain strong working relationships with administrative and academic offices in order to support-and understand-the use of technology throughout the University. Academic Consultants maintain a professional, customer-first attitude.
- A Bachelor's degree and three years of experience are preferred and an active Christian faith is required.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of one another.
- Experience with audiovisual control systems, videoconferencing applications and hardware, lecture capture, minor hardware repair/replacement, and audio systems.
- Experience working with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information in an accessible manner to non-technical employees.
- Hands-on problem-solving ability.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and make decisions independently.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate and provide rapid response to issues reported in classroom and presentation facilities, including after-hours support as needed.
- Document issues and resolutions via ticketing system.
- Organize and execute the management and maintenance of presentation facilities, to encompass both routine checks and minor repairs.
- Provide training on basic room operation, create instructions, both written and video, for audiovisual equipment and systems, and monitor classes/presentations as needed.
- Maintain accuracy and consistency of campus-wide database of classroom technology equipment.
- Work with service providers and technology integrators on repair and replacement of equipment.
- Provide requested reports and assist with special projects as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor's mission.
- Comply with University policies.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family's wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate. Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and the many opportunities to engage locally. If you are new to Central Texas, This is Waco!
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylors commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply, visit https://ejof.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/BaylorCareers/job/15529
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency